If someone can’t be in the same place as a product, they like to see with their own eyes just how good it is. This is particularly relevant when it comes to online cycle shops. Obviously, your customers are unable to be there to see and touch any of the bikes you have available. So, how can you give them the next best thing? Through the use of shared, video marketing—that’s how. To make a video, you can employ the services of a corporate video production company or you can do it yourself.
What is video marketing?
Video marketing is an easy concept to understand. It’s essentially making people aware of your product or brand through the use of a video. The ways in which this can be done ranges from explainer videos to customer testimonials and how-to videos to videos taken from live events and corporate video production.
What makes video marketing so successful?
Since the rise of the digital age, video marketing has become very popular around the world. In fact, nearly 70% of all consumer traffic is said to come from video marketing, with most of that originating from mobile devices. Here are just a few of the reasons as to why video marketing with corporate video production is so successful:
- Trust: It shows consumers that they can trust what they’re about to buy. People are much more willing to part with their hard earned cash if they can at least see it in a video. While buying online does have its advantages, not being able to see the product you’re purchasing is the biggest disadvantage of all. Video marketing is a way to bridge that gap.
- Easy access: Another reason why video marketing is so successful is because it’s easily accessible. Most people have access to a smartphone these days. This means they can access your video ad any time night or day.
- Cost: Making a video to market your products online is very cost-effective for the business. It only has to be made once and, if shown through the right channels, it won’t cost too much either. Social media sites are a great place to host corporate videos as they can easily to shared with friends, family and potential customers.
How to come up with a good video marketing campaign for your online cycle shop
Video marketing is not difficult to do and can make all the difference between a sale and a non-sale. Once you’ve decided on the various media channels you’re going to host your video campaign, it’s time to think about what you need do to ensure it’s a roaring success. o help you with that, the following are some things to bear in mind before you begin:
- Focus on the value of the product rather than the product itself. This is the same rule that applies to content marketing. Rather than highlight all the great features of the product, focus on all the benefits that it will bring to the customer. Video is the perfect medium for displaying emotiveness, so make the most of it. Cycling is a great way to burn calories and keep fit. By promoting this fact rather than how many gears it has, customers will automatically warm a lot quicker to it as it’s now been made personal to them.
- Your video needs to be short but sweet. There’s no point in planning a really long video that takes customers through every feature and benefit of the product you’re marketing. Statistics show that around 20% of those that view your video will click away within 10 seconds. So, you need to grab people’s attention from the get-go and keep them entertained throughout. But, make it snappy or you are likely to lose them.
- Make it fun. The last thing you want to do with your corporate video is boring your customers to death, so make it lively and make it interesting. Of course, you want to get your point across but you also want to keep your viewers entertained too so try not to be too matter of fact. Instead, have some fun with it. Put yourself in your customers’ shoes and ask yourself what you would like to see if you were looking to purchase a product from your website.
- Optimise it. Once you’ve made your video, you’ll want to optimise it to get the most value from it. The first place you should host your video is on your own site. As part of this process, you’ll also want to create a video sitemap and enable embedding too. However, the most important part to remember in terms of SEO when in comes to videos is the descriptions. These descriptions let the search engines know what’s in the picture so is imperative they contain keywords with full descriptions. Unique titles are also helpful in making them stand out.
- Educate, educate, educate! People like to learn especially when it comes to a product they’re potentially about to purchase. You can teach people in a number of ways through video marketing. You can tell them about the features of the product or how to assemble a particular item. You can also teach them about all the great benefits a product will bring them. Some companies even put real customer video testimonials online. This is a very effective marketing tool as lets everyone see real people using the product and reviewing it right in front of them. It promotes a company that’s both transparent and trustworthy.
While people are still very much on the go and rely on their smartphones to keep them updated, video marketing will always shine. It’s direct, it’s personable and it’s so easily accessible. Ultimately, whether you employ the services of a corporate video production company or you do it yourself, it is entirely up to you. Just remember that, when making a corporate video yourself, to make it fun and entertaining but also short and sweet and engage the target audience. Follow this advice and you’ll have yourself a winning video campaign in no time at all.